Entry 1: Would You Love Me As A Worm?
Dear Diary,
I was in bed with my husband the other night. He was deep asleep. I was still awake, lying on my back and staring at the ceiling while his arm remained laid across my chest in a hold I was far too familiar with. I knew I wasn't going to be able to go anywhere so I let my brain wander into the strangest places, most of which I do not even remember.
After long moments of thought and the mental trainwreck that was my mind, the most cliché 3am question suddenly popped up. Would Lucifer still love me if I were turned into a little worm?
The question itself hurt my soul. Why was I wondering about something so ridiculous? Of course he would still love me. He'd love me in any form, right? ...right??
Annoyed and unable to resist the urge anymore, I nudged the sleeping demon next to me.
"Love?" I said softly, "Honey? Wake up."
Lucifer shifted slightly, then groaned in protest. He slowly opened one of his beautiful red eyes and looked up at me.
"Darling. What is it? Are you alright?" His voice was soft, deep, raspy. The same tone that always makes me absolutely feral.
"I am okay, don't worry. I need to ask you a question, Lu, please be honest. Would you still love me if I was a worm?" I asked him innocently, the moonlight pouring into our room highlighted the small pout on my pale face as I stared at him.
Lucifer gave me a look that I could only describe as loving indignation. "You woke me up...to ask if I would still love you if you had been turned into an annelid? Rosa...I have work in a few hours." he said, clearly displeased but he loved me too much to be more angry about it.
My husband slowly propped himself up on his elbow, the hand once strung over my chest adjusted to prop him up from the other side of me too. He looked down at me with an exhausted, yet somewhat indulgent gaze. I blinked up at him. He blinked back at me...
Then, to my surprise, he started laughing. I was taken aback, my eyes widened slightly, before I started to laugh too.
"Stop laughing! It's not funny! I'm seriousss!" I said between small fits of laughter. Eventually, his deep laughs faded slowly, before he suddenly leaned down and kissed my forehead, then my cheeks, then the tip of my nose, and finally my lips.
He told me if I were a worm, he would still be utterly obsessed and devoted to me. He said he would still love me more than anything in existence. He said he would personally source the finest soil in the three realms for me, get a custom-made terrarium and set it on the nightstand at his bedside. He said he would sit down and talk to me every day and night so I didn't feel lonely. He then proceeded to say he'd craft a smaller, portable terrarium to put me in so he could carry me around and keep me with him.
I absolutely melted. I knew my husband loved me. Afterwards, he expressed he'd growl at anyone who tried to touch me. I knew he was only partially joking, and I laughed.
He smiled at me, then leaned down and kissed my cheek.
"Does that answer your question, my love?"
"Yes. Thank you honey. I love you."
He seemed satisfied. He slowly settled back down, half over me, wrapping me in his arms as he buried his face in my neck and prepared to go back to sleep.
"Good. Do not wake me again, or I will skip the indulgence of your midnight whims and string you down by your ankles for causing my current sleep deprivation."
I smiled and rubbed his back, just before he spoke again.
"I love you too, darling."
He truly is my everything. I am weak for this demon and I'm not even angry about it. He is truly everything. My everything. I went to sleep that night feeling so happy. He always says and does the right things. He is truly everything that is perfect to me. I am so lucky. ♡
~Lya Rose-Morningstar
Comments
Post a Comment
Share your comments with Lya 🌸